Friday, October 29, 2010

Trails on Maps

I was just in Mulberry Bush Book Store and I came across one of the Green Davenport Tourist maps on the Nanaimo and Parksville/Qualicum Beach area.  I bought one on Victoria Cycling Routes when we were recently in Victoria before we cycled the Lochside Trail. These maps are quite comprehensive and up-to-date. In looking at the local map about cycling routes/trails, it showed the Parksville to Qualicum Beach Trail - ending at the Parksville end on Pym. It also showed all of the recommended bike routes in Parksville - these are the original ones created back in the 1990's. Interestingly it also showed the Plummer Road Trail - the narrow little walking trail between San Pareil and the Orange Bridge. I would hate to see a tourist referring to this map to find trails and recommended bike routes. I find it interesting that these are the same routes that we recommended in our "Wish List".

Jim

No comments: